Sunday, December 5, 2010

INFORMAL THEME 4, BLOG 4



IMPACT OF THE DIVINE COMEDY
                
               The Divine Comedy of Dante Alighieri was stunningly wonderful. Despite of the scary circles of hell, the confessional terraces of purgatory and the heavenly spheres of paradise, the Divine Comedy was indeed a masterpiece. As a student, indulging to this kind of literature is a pleasure. It is because this kind of piece makes you realize who you really are, what you are and what you’ll be.
                The first part of the Divine Comedy is the Inferno. Inferno is the journey of Dante himself and Virgil through hell. Here I fore saw the different sins and its corresponding punishments.  And I also found out that I almost belong to the Circle 4 – The Hoarders and Spendthrifts. From then on, I realized that buying excessive things especially those which aren’t needed might put you in a place wqhich you wouldn’t dreamt of.
                The following part is the land of forgiveness – The Purgatorio.  In the Purgatorio souls may attain forgiveness. In here you may gain hope of going to heaven. Despite of the forgiveness, souls which are trapped in here still have their punishments but less than that of hell. Souls which are forgiven go straight to heaven.
                The last part of the Divine Comedy is the Paradiso. The place wherein God is present. Everyone would like to go here including me. To be in the presence of God is my greatest wish. When you think of the place, you’ll feel the like you’re sins were all cleared; that your heart was touched by God with his grace.
                In an over all view, I was really touched by the Divine Comedy. For me the Divine Comedy serves as a guide for me. A guide for me to be a better person. It also serves as a warning for I was now curious with what I’m doing. After reading and taking in mind the story and message of the Divine Comedy, I myself changed my routine and attitude; I then followed the guide – The Divine Comedy – to be a better person, because there is nothing bad in trying for something.
               

No comments:

Post a Comment