Sunday, November 21, 2010

INFORMAL THEME 2, BLOG 2

SEMESTRAL BREAK: A BREAK FOR RELIEF NOT FOR WORK

As all of us know, semestral break is the time within October and November in which we are free to bond together with our family – living or not. It is also the time wherein we commemorate with the dead by visiting their graves and offering prayers. Students usually likes this time for it is a week in which they can maximize their time to relax from the long work they have done after months. Each of us has our own ways to maximize a week or two of semestral break. Ways to be in glee not only for ourselves and everybody.
                Being a student, I myself induced in a week of semestral break. It was quite short for there are lots of assignments to be accomplished. But then it is a job well done! I started the week by doing my assignments which lasted for about four days. Included with the tasks that I need to accomplish was reading the first part of Dante Alighieri’s Divine Comedy, the Inferno. The book was excellent in which it narrates the travel of Dante and Virgil through hell.
                Since the semestral break was in between October and November, All Souls day and All Saints day is in the scope. Yearly, our family prepares food on the day of November first. It was like a small feast which was also considered as a family reunion. We also took time in buying candles and flowers which will be offered to the graves of our dead loved ones. We usually don’t stay up very long in the cemetery for our grandmother doesn’t like to. After the day of the Souls, All Saints Day was an important day for me, for it was my mother Birthday! Sadly, we haven’t enjoyed the day for there are classes. But then I greeted my mother just before I went to school.
                I need to maximize my time not only for myself but also for my family. If I have enough time, I can do more things for my family than I usually do. Having a break is not bad hence it can relief your stress and be relaxed. But, too much break will not be good for anybody. It is because anything which is excess is bad, everything should only be in the right time and the right amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment